Regent Park Film Festival is proud to be a partner of the DOC Institute’s Ontario-wide creative development program for young filmmakers.
This project is funded by the Government of Ontario and the Ontario150 Partnership Program.
Applications are due on March 26, 2017 at 11:59PM EST.
DOC Institute’s New Visions Incubator, an artistic documentary-focused mentorship program for young filmmakers across Ontario, is now accepting applications.
The 8-month program is a unique blend of creative mentorship, story development, practical resources, & networking opportunities that will guide filmmakers through the development stage of their documentary projects. Over the course of the program, participants will develop the practical knowledge, creative materials, & pitch documents to get camera-ready.
The New Visions Incubator is developed in partnership with Belleville Downtown DocFest and in collaboration with Regent Park Film Festival and Music and Film in Motion Sudbury. The program will have three locations across Ontario. Filmmakers must be located within proximity to one of the Incubator’s hubs in order to participate:
- Southern Ontario (Toronto)
- Central Ontario (Belleville)
- Northern Ontario (Sudbury)
Over the course of the program, participants will attend:
* An intimate 3-day bootcamp on documentary storytelling, led by award-winning director and producer Chanda Chevannes, to develop project ideas into workable documentary concepts.
* Ongoing monthly meetups with local Lead Mentors and peers, with a focus on further developing participants’ creative projects and equipping participants with the resources and connections to move forward. (NOTE: Northern Ontario participants will have their monthly meetings via online video conference.)
* A 3-day networking and industry forum in Toronto, including access to the Regent Park Film Festival. (A portion of transportation costs will be covered for out-of-town participants.)
In addition, they will have exclusive access to:
* Masters Series Video Library: a set of training videos and short seminars from documentary’s leading creative voices.
* Survival Toolkit: an online dossier of practical filmmaking templates & resources, including call sheets, budgets, and legal documents.
* An ongoing alumni network.
Program Mentors: Adam Gray, Chanda Chevannes, David Lickley and Sherien Barsoum