The Marketing and Outreach Coordinator is responsible for developing and executing marketing and outreach strategies in order to:
1) bring in greater audiences to all year-round and festival programming,
2) increase organizational profile in accordance to the key objectives laid out in RPFFs most recent strategic plan and
3) enhance RPFF’s community involvement. In addition, the Marketing and Outreach Coordinator, like all members of the RPFF team, is responsible for cultivating a collaborative and accountable work environment.
A list of RPFF programs include, but are not limited to the following: community workshops (about 3-5), professional development workshops (about 2), Under the Stars outdoor screening series (6 weeks in the summer), other community screenings (1-2 year), Annual Fundraiser (Oct), 15th Annual Film Festival (Nov 15-18).
The Marketing and Outreach Coordinator reports to the Festival Manager. The position is 4 days a week from end of March to August, and full-time from September to mid-December.
Compensation: Commensurate to Experience. Includes benefits.
- Work with Festival Manager and Executive Director to develop marketing and outreach strategy for year-round programming, fundraiser and annual film festival.
- Manage and execute marketing strategy for year-round activities, Annual Fundraiser & Program Launch, and Annual Regent Park Film Festival.
- Document successes and challenges in order to participate in post-event debriefs, especially the annual film festival and to report on the general success of the marketing and outreach strategy.
- Be informed and engaged with the programming being offered on a year round basis and at the Annual Film Festival by either watching films, sitting in on planning meetings, or participating in festival programming committee.
- Write, research and edit content for the website, WordPress blog, Mailchimp newsletter, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram on a regular basis, keeping all platforms up-to-date, relevant and effective marketing tools.
- Submit event listings to blogs, media listervs and community/city-wide event calendars for year-round, fundraiser and annual festival.
- Project-manage and coordinate production of all print and digital content, ensuring effective working relationship with designer, developer, printer, and programming team.
- Work with web developer to manage and execute all website updates leading up to and including the Program Launch.
- Work with designer to produce all marketing materials for year-round and festival activities.
- Ensure all digital and print materials receive adequate copy editing and review periods.
- Project-manage relationship with PR company, providing them with information and support as necessary.
- Assist with the marketing of the micro-space in order to increase revenue generation.
- Develop and implement strategic community outreach initiatives and activities on a year-round basis.
- Perform community outreach to secure local audiences for the Annual Film Festival.
- Developing and execute process in approaching citywide community groups for advance bookings for the Annual Film Festival.
- Secure and manage community partners and co-presenter relationships. Executing and delivering all content and information necessary for both RPFF and partner to carry out agreed upon responsibilities.
- Oversee community-based initiatives such as advanced screenings and contests, and acts as an ambassador of the festival at community events.
Oversee outreach with local schools for Grades 1-12 Festival school program.
- Assist with the supervision of volunteers in relation to marketing and outreach tactics (e.g. community distribution, street teams, social media, photography, videography and advances screenings).
- Representing the Festival at relevant meetings and events in Regent Park and elsewhere.
- Supports daily functions of the office by assisting with administrative tasks and responding to telephone and email inquiries.
- Updates festival database with all marketing and outreach contacts such as community partners, co-presenters and PR related contacts.
- Manage marketing and outreach related interns
- Collaborates with rest of RPFF team to maintain a clean and effective work space
- Strong attention to detail with superior verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and work within tight deadlines
- Strong team player with a demonstrated ability to work independently
- Excellent skills managing digital platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Hootsuite, Mailchimp, and WordPress
- Basic graphic design skills an asset
- WordPress expertise an asset
- Familiarity with Regent Park community is an asset
Email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with ATT: Hiring Committee – Marketing and Outreach Coordinator. Deadline to apply is March 9.
No telephone or in-person inquiries please.