in partnership with Trinity Square Video
as part of the
13th Annual Regent Park Film Festival ~ November 18 – 21
This FREE two-day filmmaking workshop, facilitated by Pamela Matthews, brings together two Regent Park generations to collaborate on a film project.
- Working in pairs, participants, aged 18 – 29 and 50+, will learn camera, storytelling and editing skills.
- Participation in the workshop includes a free 1-year membership to Trinity Square Video.
- Tokens to and from Trinity Square Video will be provided
- A meal will be provided at the end of each day
FRIDAY NOVEMBER 20 | 3:00 PM – 6:00 PM
DAY 1: CAMERA SKILLS Daniels Spectrum (585 Dundas Street East)
The first session in a two-day workshop series will focus on camera skills, interview techniques and visual storytelling methods with the specific focus of preparing teams to create a short film in-class, together with their workshop partners.
SATURDAY NOVEMBER 21 | 2:00 PM – 5:00 PM
DAY 2: EDITING SKILLS Trinity Square Video (401 Richmond Street West)
The second day of this workshop series will give teams the chance to make use of the editing facilities at Trinity Square Video. Teams will learn fundamental editing stills and will be given the opportunity to experiment using the footage captured during the previous day’s session.
THIS IS AN APPLICATION BASED WORKSHOP – TO APPLY:
Please submit your online application by October 30, 2015.
Please pick-up an printed application at the Regent Park Film Festival office located at Daniels Spectrum (585 Dundas Street East, Suite 240) and return it to our offices by October 30, 2015.
LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE
- 10 individuals will be accepted into this workshop (five spots for ages 18-29 and five spots for ages 50+).
- all work will be done in pairs, so please indicate on your application if there is an individual you would like to work with.
If you have any questions, please contact Mariam Zaidi at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Supporting Partner: Trinity Square Video