We are now accepting submissions for the 16th edition of the
Regent Park Film Festival running November 13-17, 2018.
16th Annual Regent Park Film Festival Submission Form
Every year, we welcome films of all lengths and genres that reflect the multitude of experiences that make up our cities and communities. The Regent Park Film Festival is especially dedicated to showcasing works by Indigenous filmmakers and filmmakers of colour, as well as works by Trans, Queer, Female identified filmmakers and filmmakers with disabilities. We encourage local, national and international participation.
We invite films for the following categories
General Program: Features works by filmmakers from Indigenous filmmakers and filmmakers of colour and/or films that explore difference and solidarity, immigrant experiences, urbanization, cultural identity and resonate with the inner city, community based, trans-national and transient realities of Regent Park and similar communities in Toronto, in Canada, and all over the world.
Emerging Directors Spotlight: Features works created by emerging filmmakers under 26. This program encourages self-representation and seeks to promote dialogue within the community, as well as among the guest youth filmmakers from Regent Park and other parts of the world.
School Program: Features works suitable for or Grade 1-8, featuring themes relevant and engaging for youth. This program encourages self-representation and seeks to promote dialogue among students, educators, filmmakers and the wider community.
- There is no submission fee to submit your film to the Festival. The deadline to submit is May 6, 2018.
- All lengths and genres will be accepted.
- Films in foreign languages must be subtitled in English.
- The submitter is responsible for all costs associated with delivering their works to the Regent Park Film Festival. We encourage electronic submissions.
- International submissions: The customs declaration should clearly state the preview video has no commercial value, is for temporary consideration and for cultural use only. We cannot accept charges for customs & duties (ie. UPS). The Regent Park Film Festival cannot cover the resulting customs and duties charges and will have to refuse the package.
- Submission DVDs are not returned. Select preview tapes will be added to the Festival’s archives for consideration to our year-round community screenings (see authorization).
- Complete festival submission form and include all support materials.
- Send preview copy by one of the following ways:
- (Preffered) Web link: Please follow instructions in submission form to include link and associated password.
- DVD/Blu-Ray (NTSC): Please label preview disc with director’s name, film title, length, country, genre, year of completion and contact email. Label package FOR CULTURAL PURPOSES FESTIVAL PREVIEW ONLY NO COMMERCIAL VALUE. Do not value the package any higher than $5 CAD. Send submission copy to:
Regent Park Film Festival
585 Dundas Street East, Suite 240
Toronto , ON, Canada M5A 2B7
All filmmakers will be contacted about their submission status in August.
To submit your film to the 16th Annual Regent Park Film Festival, please complete this form by Sunday, May 6 at 11:59pm.