DEADLINE EXTENSION: Sunday October 18th, 11:59PM
The Regent Park Film Festival (RPFF) is inviting up-and-coming filmmakers to submit their short films and project proposals for our Closing Night event, the Emerging Directors Spotlight and Pitch Competition!
Part showcase and pitch event, this exciting platform highlights the best of Canada’s emerging talent, who then pitch their next project to a jury of industry experts.
This year, there will be two categories, SCRIPTED and UNSCRIPTED. One winner in each category will receive a development deal from CBC* and $1000 from RBC.
If you wish to be considered in both the SCRIPTED and the UNSCRIPTED categories, you must complete a separate application form and pitch for each. You will be a finalist in only one category.
The Emerging Directors’ Spotlight and Pitch Competition is free to enter, open to all ages and directors, producers and creators of all genres and styles.
We highly encourage submissions by filmmakers from marginalized communities (Black, Indigenous, Person of Colour, Person with Disabilities, LGBTQSAA+, Women) and films that feature these communities.
*Development at CBC
Entering into a development agreement with CBC means that you are granting CBC the first and exclusive option to pick up your project. During development, CBC and you will agree upon creative deliverables which could be scripts, a demo, a research report etc. Once a creative deliverable is completed and sent to CBC, the 12 month option period begins. At any time during the 12 months, CBC may exercise its option to do some further development or to green light your project for production, where you and CBC will enter into negotiations for the licence of your program.
- Applicants must be a Canadian citizen or have permanent resident status
- Emerging is defined as directed or produced no more than 2 films for festival and/or broadcast
- Selected finalists must commit to a pitch training session (date TBD) and a live pitch (date in early November TBD)
- Permanent CBC employees are not eligible to apply
- Maximum length of 30 minutes (i.e. no feature films)
- UNSCRIPTED projects that will be considered: Short Documentary, Unscripted digital series
- SCRIPTED projects that will be considered: YA Digital Originals
- Must have a completed script or treatment
- Projects with existing equity investment and/or distribution commitments are ineligible.
- Selected finalists cannot pitch the same project at another Festival program.
How to Apply:
Please fill out this application form by Sunday, October 18th at 11:59 pm. Incomplete submissions will not be considered.